Monday, December 17, 2012

Teddy Bear Tree

Let me start off by saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my little sister! Kristen turned 17 today, which means it's her golden birthday... ooo...
My gorgeous sister.
One of the things I really love about this Christmas is that I get to look for presents for Elsie! Actually, let's be honest. I've been shopping(/window shopping) for Elsie ever since I was 20 weeks pregnant. Haha. I love shopping for baby things! My mom also loves shopping for baby things, so this little girl is spoiled!

I have to tell you about this weekend. One of our neighbors, Rosalea, does this thing each year called the Teddy Bear Tree. She invited Ashley, me, and Elsie over for about an hour this Saturday. When we got there, she led us to a room with 2 Christmas trees covered in teddy bears, a miniature town surrounded by train tracks, and lots of other teddy bears. First, we got a little tour of her miniature town, then she showed us a few of her favorite teddy bears and told us stories behind each of them, then one of the teddy bears told us "'Twas the night before Christmas...". Elsie's eyes were completely glued to it the whole time. I wish I had brought my camera, but I didn't.

That room was all about "getting gifts", and the next room was all about Christ. She had about 50 different nativity scenes set up around the room. Some were about as big as my fingernail. It was really cool. She talked to us for a while about what gifts Christ received, as we sipped our wassail. At the end, we got to pick out a bear for Elsie. She was staring at the big blue one... Thanks Rosalea!


Also, we had our ward Christmas party on Friday, and we got to play the part of Mary and Joseph and baby Jesus! Afterwards, a few people laughed with us about how active and lively the baby was... sitting up in the manger, trying to look at who all was there, sucking on the toes... It was awesome. One little boy shyly approached us, hoping to see the "real baby Jesus". How cute is that?

Anyway, we're really looking forward to our first Christmas as parents! 

1 comment:

  1. AWWWWW! I love Elsie. She is such a cutie. KK I miss you. You should call me one of these days.

    ReplyDelete