Saturday, January 26, 2013

A Family Outing

I sit in my PJs while my baby plays in her cute outfits :)
I think I must have the best husband ever. This morning, as I sat in the living room wearing sweats and no makeup, Ashley spontaneously announced that we were going out. He packed up everything for Elsie and we left the house. Sometimes that's all a girl needs to get out of the emotional rut (you know, the one where you sit around wearing frumpy clothing and don't bother to do your hair or makeup because you're not going anywhere) that sometimes happens from being in the same place all the time.

So, just like that, my boring Saturday turned into an exciting family outing!


We rediscovered an awesome place to go on dates OR to bring your kids when it's miserable outside. Where is this magical place, you ask? *drumroll, please* The amazing... IKEA! (is anyone else thinking about the movie 500 days of Summer right now?)

This is the toy!
Seriously. Elsie even had fun because we found this toy for her early on that she chewed on the whole time. Don't worry, we didn't leave it for someone else to buy, all covered in drool. She loved it SO much that we just had to buy it. Also it was only like 2 bucks.

The verdict: We had a blast! I highly recommend going to IKEA for a date, or for a family outing with the kid(s). The only problem with that place is that I want to buy just about everything! This time we only got 4 small things. But we will have to see what happens next time! MWAHAHAHA! (just kidding) 

1 comment:

  1. I love Ikea. Brandon and I always love to go there too. Elsie!!! I miss her already. PS!! Awesome new blog look.

    ReplyDelete